Also we will begin a new round of programming on Monday. Each day will have 2 programmed WODs, an A and a B WOD. For large classes we will split and half of the class will do the A WOD while the other does the B WOD. The next day, the groups will swap. This will make the most efficient use of our space and equipment.
Every Minute on the Minute (EMOM) for 25 Minutes
- 6 Pistols
- 9 Goblet Squats
- 12 Double Unders
- Time: Scale to 15 or 20 minutes as appropriate.
- Pistols, Pistols while holding onto a band, pistols onto a box, Bulgarian Split Squats
- Goblet Squats, PVC Front Squat, Air Squat
- Double Unders, Single Unders 3, 2, or 1 for 1.
Points of Performance:
- Pistols: Full depth. Stick off leg out in front to stabilize, reach for that toe with both hands.
- Goblet Squats: Keep chest high and elbows up.
- Double Unders: Keep arms at your side, do not pull your wrists up when jumping.
- Rounds should be completed between 30s and 45s.
If you have not checked out Mobility WOD before...DO IT NOW.
Teams of 2: Accumulate 2000m of running. One runner at a time running 200m. While one person is running the other person is squatting/holding a plank (alternating each time). The non-running order will go squat(person 1), squat (person 2), plank (1), plank(2), etc.
Teams of 3: Accumulate 3000m of running. One runner at a time running 300m. While one person is running the other people are squatting/holding a plank (alternating each time). Order is Run, Plank, Squat in a continuous rotation.
For both versions, your score is the total number of squats completed. There is a 20 minute time cap for this workout.
We are continuing to build our Box and find the methods that will make the best use of our space and equipment. Bare with us while we work to ensure a quality community and fitness environment for everyone.
5 Rounds for Time (RFT)
- 10 Kettlebell Swings (53/35#)
- 20 Tire Smashes
- 100m Run
**Do NOT remove kettlebells from the aerobics room. If need be, use the run from the aerobics room to the parking lot as your 100m run.
After Party: 3x max L-sit.
- Use two equal height boxes to place your hands and hold an L-sit for max time.
- Scaling options: L-sit, single leg L-sit, knee raise to the L position.
Point of Performance:
- Keep a solid posture during KBS, do not let your chest drop.
- For tire smashes, ensure that the sledge hammer comes all the way over your head in a full rotation. Half smashes do not count.
- As you bring the hammer down to smash the tire, you should be squatting with the hammer head to maximize the force of the blow.
Check out this blog on improving your strength potential...
AWESOME FIRST DAY OF CLASSES!!!! We had over 15 folks at the 1800 class. As you can tell, space and equipment are limited...we are working on it but as with most military ventures, we just have to wait. Take a look at our morning classes also if you want to avoid the crowd.
****I know I posted the same WOD yesterday, I read the calendar wrong****
30 Clean and Jerks for Time @ 135/95#
Alternating Tabata Planks and Supermans (20 seconds on, 10 seconds off). It will be a full 8 rounds of each movement switching on each tabata interval.
Points of Performance:
- Maintain a tight core as you drop the weight and go for another rep, do not let your back arch.
- Use Push Press, Push Jerk, or Split Jerk as necessary
- Keep you chest high for the cleans, do not let you butt rise first.
First official day of classes at CrossFit Undisclosed. This is going to be great. For everyone's information, we are trying to ensure that all people at CFU are welcome and prepared to do their best. Therefore, we are designating the 0600 and 1800 classes as "On-Ramp" times. There will be regular WODs during these classes but we will also have extra coaches around to help the new folks learn the movements and start out with good habits. If you are new to CrossFit or feel like you need more practice, please try to attend class at these times.
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". From here on it will be referred to as "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is. Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
20 Min AMRAP
- 200m Run
- 20 Toes-to-Bar (T2B)
- 20 Kettlebell Swings @ 53/35#
- 20 Double Unders
Point of Performance:
- If you have the strength for T2B but cannot string them together, place a box beneath you to stop your swing after each rep, reset, and go again but remain on the bar.
- Keep your back set during the KBS. Do not let your chest drop at the bottom of each rep.
- At the top of the KBS do not hyper extend your back, the bell should only go far enough back to cover your ears with your arms.
- Everyone will complete the full run portion
- T2B, Knees-to-elbows, hanging knees to chest (to chest level), Leg raises from the floor w/ straight legs
- KBS American Style (full overhead), KBS Russian style (eye level), KBS with reduced weight
- Double unders, single unders. If single unders are difficult, practice them and reduce number to 10.